... launching my site feels long overdue, it is in and of itself a personal event to share these paintings/creations/works or original pieces.
Offering them for sale to friends & strangers, art lovers, etc. in both an abstract frame of thought and presentation is akin to sharing and telling stories; experiences and journeys coming out of hiding as they are expressed through the smudges, strokes, hues & tones that transfer off the brushes & catalyst onto the canvas.
own_unique_journeys_has_value AND #life_is a_
Born in Cape Town, South Africa
- currently residing in British Columbia, Canada
Visual aesthetics and their change over time draw my attention;
- - of nature or architecture - - -------
- Wood & Cooper; ageing or taking on different tones as they patina and wear are amazing to me
Organic shapes; clouds moving and morphing with muted shades at dusk seem underrated!
- Photography; I enjoy capturing silhouettes or shadows, spider webs,
or the subtle iridescence of Dragonfly wings, etc. - on my Nikon -
Mother Nature; the loveliness of waterlilies, the Jade hue of water in Jasper terracotta pots and cobalt ceramics in Greece
- - - - - which brings me to Travel; - - -
... having had the good fortune to visit abroad to more than eight countries I've seen breathe taking skylines, mountains, oceans, people,
- tasted delicious foods, rich spices, enjoyed Port, Bellini, Plum Wine, Grappa, to name a few
- walked atop the Great Wall of China, lazed on a beach in Lisbon,
dined in Capri, Sardinia, Marsielle, Mykonos, Olbia, Istanbul, Madrid,
Valencia, Barcelona, seen the ruins of Pompeii among many other bliss-filled moments which are evoked as they inspire my creations and
-- - then manifest or overlap within the moody tones /palette
I mix & put upon the canvases of my original oil paintings - --
more influences; my Dad [James T Alexander], the Dahli Llama,
the 70's, graffiti art, Gustav Klimt, Paul Gauguin,
Art Nouveau, David Bowie, vintage posters, retro fashion